03 March 2008

Thing 19 - YouTube

I've been a fan of YouTube for quite a while already, & am overjoyed at this being a thing we are playing with for this project. The embedded video in this thing's post is one I've already seen & shared with fellow librarians, along with many other library-related videos on this wonderful site. I also use YouTube during the day as a jukebox if there is a song or singer I am in the mood for hearing. I have queue up a list of videos and let the run in the backround so I can listen while I work.

For this assignment, I decided to look for an old favorite bit from Sesame Street & Mr. Rogers. I loved this short documentary on how crayons are made, and in watching it again this morning, it still has the zing and fun it had when I was a kid. I especially like that it doesn't have a narrator, but instead just guides you through the steps without words. Here it is:

No comments: