25 April 2007

Blogs

The reason behind this blog is to force myself to put my ideas and feelings about librarianship & being a library down to see if I can make any sense out of them. I would love to be able to write an article that's published in a library journal sometime, so I really need to figure out what inspires me.

One idea that a friend of mine (Jonya Pacey) and I are tossing around is a study on library blog readership and seeing how many/what kind of people read them on a daily basis. Here is our preliminary working concept:

We are examining the readership of library blogs to see what kind of librarian reads them and what topics are the most interesting for them. In doing this, we will look at outside interests, other technological interests they have (video games, mp3s, etc.) and also other interests (sci-fi literature/film, social groups/organizations, etc) to see if there are correlations about who reads blogs.

I think this should be very interesting to work on. If anyone has any articles they think will help us prepare for this, please let me know!

No comments: