04 March 2009

Thing #30 - More Uses of RSS and Delicious

I almost didn't do this thing since I have quite a bit of experience already in using RSS & Delicious. I created a video podcst that highlights additional uses of RSS feeds for a project at SELCO, and in it I included weather alerts, FeedReminders and the like (it hasn't been released yet). So much of this Thing was repeated inforamation for me.

That said, I had no idea about the Delicious badge I could add to my blog. So I added this to this blog's sidebar. I also tried adding this to my personal LiveJournal blog, but they do not offer HTML/Script sidebar widgets. :(

I have been pretty lax in keeping up with my RSS feeds since installing the web browser Flock, since I am able to go directly into my gmail emial account with a single click in Flock itself. I keep most of my RSS feeds in my Google Reader, so I have to make more of an effort in the future to go to Google's homepage more often to get my feeds.

No comments: